Monday, September 17, 2007

Kevin Trudeau - another lie from a born liar/scammer

After buying Kevin Trudeau's "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About" book after watching his infomercial, I fully expected a book about Natural Cures. Instead it was a rant against the FDA and the FTC saying he wasn't allowed to share "natural cures" because it was against the law. From that point on I've considered Kevin Trudeau to be a liar and a scam artist. After all, why didn't he called the book "Why 'They' Won't Let Me Tell You About Natural Cures". Don't spend an hour long infomercial promising all kinds of interesting "cures" and then deliver NONE.

So today's news that the FTC is charging Kevin Trudeau for violating a court order for misrepresenting his latest book... one for weight loss... is happy, happy news for me. I think this guy ought to get locked up for life. I detest Kevin Trudeau so much that I have to flip the channel immediately if I see him pitching something, and I certainly won't buy anything of his ever again. So I can't provide a book review here, but the FTC says it all:

During the ads, Trudeau claims that the weight loss plan outlined in the book is easy to do, can be done at home, and ultimately allows readers to eat whatever they want. However, when consumers purchase the book, they find it describes a complex, grueling plan that requires severe dieting, daily injections of a prescription drug that consumers cannot easily get, and lifelong dietary restrictions.


While the new charge isn't a surprise, what I didn't realize is that Trudeau has a long history as a con artist, thief and scammer. In 1991 he spent 2 years in prison for falsifying credit card transactions, he was cited in 1996 for questionable marketing practices, in 1998 the FTC had similar false advertising claims as today's, and in 2004 he made false claims about Coral Calcium and was ordered to pay $2 million.

Please, please, please... never, ever buy anything that Kevin Trudeau is associated with. I agree with a handful of his views... but I'm not sure he believes in his own views... unless of course he can make a buck (or millions of bucks).

Digg!